According to Stephen Krashen, there are two ways by which a person can learn English or any other language:
- By language acquisition
- By language learning
Language acquisition is when a person learns the language from his or her environment, like the mother tongue. There is no forced learning, there is no stress, slowly and steadily the mother tongue becomes ingrained in the person’s mind.
However, language learning is making a person actually going through the process of learning, like we learn English in school- this is the reason that English does not come easily to us, unless our school creates an ambience of acquisition by reading and films and other activities. Words Vibe has special English Speaking for Gujarati Medium students. We create special environment and give specific attention to the children who come from Gujarati medium.
For children, Words Vibe uses only Language Acquisition techniques. So, our course will focus on:
- Everyday English
How will we teach?
- By role plays
- By showing films
- With the help of music
- Games and activities
What will the children learn at the end of the program?
- Improved pronunciation
- Better vocabulary
- Better comprehension
- More confident personality
- More fluency in English
Duration: 5 weeks/ Friday, Saturday and Sunday/ 90 minutes per session
Manners and Etiquette for Children
All of us want our children to be well- behaved. This does not mean that we want them to become parrots or stop being mischievous, but there is a difference between a naughty child and an ill- mannered child. Naughtiness is when a child is super energetic and talks nineteen to a dozen (talks a lot) and is always up to something and being ill- mannered is not responding to grow- ups communication or answering back or being rude to guests or breaking and damaging things.
Words Vibe’s course on Manners and Etiquette aims at teaching:
1. Social etiquette:- Greeting guests, responding to questions, politeness and courtesy, being careful about things, managing and apologizing for mistakes
2. Dining etiquette:- Basic eating etiquette, dining table manners, using cutlery, eating at restaurants and talking while eating
3. Etiquette at home:- being polite to elders, not answering back, requesting and apologizing.
What change will you see in the child?
1. More confidence (not over confidence) while meeting and greeting people
2. Improved dining table manners
3. Politeness and courtesy
4. Better interaction with grown- ups
Method of training:
1. Practical training
2. Films and other videos
3. Talking and lecturing
4. Personal monitoring
Duration: One month/ Weekends/ 2 hours every session